Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kim Jong-il came to Dalian

Seriously, he did.  It was all very hush hush that Kim Jeong Il came to China at all.  I had just heard that he went to Beijing to meet with Hu JinTao for some sort of diplomatic thing.

I was tutoring one of my kids one day and he started telling me how his father saw Mr./President/Dictator Kim at the Furama Hotel down by ZhongShan Square.  So here's the story...

My student's dad, Mr. Zhang, was sitting in a tea house in the Furama Hotel (fancy fancy fancy expensive hotel) enjoying ridiculously over priced tea when a very ugly man walked into the hotel surrounded by body guards.  Mr. Zhang didn't really believe what he was seeing.  As he continued to watch this man, he realized this was indeed Kim Jong-il, the horribly oppressive dictator of North Korea.

When I asked my husband if he knew that Kim had come to Dalian, he just looked at me like I was dumb.  Apparently, every Dalianese knew he had been to Dalian.  My husband later told me that the Chinese government had paid for everything while Kim was visiting China.

1 comment:

Ravelings said...

Note to Howie: When foreign dictators visit your town, that is something that you might want to share with your wife.